Instant heavenly chocolate cake in four minutes flat – no oven needed. Just your microwave.
I hardly ever need or want to bake an entire cake. Usually I just want a couple bites to satisfy my chocolate cake craving. This recipe is perfect to share and helps with portion control. It is a vegan and gluten-free healthy twist on traditional mug cake (cake you make in your microwave in a mug or small jar). The cake is light and fluffy and oh-so moist. All while being refined sugar-free.
This is the perfect dessert to share with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day. My husband and I love to top ours with non-dairy vanilla ice cream for that perfect warm, moist chocolate cake with ice cream combo. We grab two spoons and race each other to the bottom.
If you give this dessert a try, let me know by leaving a comment and rating it! And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it @eatingbyelaine and #eatingbyelaine on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter so we can be chocolate obsessed buds. Happy early Valentine’s Day, friends!
- 3 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 large microwave safe coffee mug or glass jar
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Or, to make clean up even easier you can make it right in the mug or jar you plan to consume it in.
- Whisk in wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If using a mixing bowl, pour into your favorite coffee mug or glass jar.
- Microwave the mug or glass jar on high for 2 minutes and enjoy served with vegan vanilla frosting or vanilla non-dairy ice cream.