The current cake in a mug craze is great for keeping portion control in check. This recipe puts a vegan and gluten-free healthy twist on traditional mug cake. It is light and fluffy and oh-so moist.
- 3 tablespoon gluten-free flour (or substitute oat flour)
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free version)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy mini chocolate chips
- 1 large microwave safe coffee mug or glass jar
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Or, to make clean up even easier you can make it right in the mug or jar you plan to consume it in.
- Whisk in wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If using a mixing bowl, pour into your favorite coffee mug or glass jar.
- Microwave the mug or glass jar on high for 1.5 minutes and enjoy served with vegan vanilla frosting or vanilla non-dairy ice cream.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan