This Vegan Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe made with gluten-free chocolate cookies and a plant-based vanilla ice cream makes everyone smile!
- In advance: Make two batches of the chocolate chip cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet in the freezer for about an hour or until frozen solid. Make the ice cream in advance and store in the freezer.
- To assemble: Remove the ice cream from the freezer 1-2 hours before assembling. This will allow the ice cream to thaw out a bit and be easier to work with. Keep the cookies in the freezer until it is time to assemble the sandwiches. Place 1 batch of the cookies upside down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a cookie scoop to portion out one scoop (about 1/4 cup) atop each of the 12 cookies. Use a spoon to gently spread the ice cream to the edges. Place another cookie (from the second batch) overtop the ice cream. Press gently in the center to make a compact sandwich. Repeat with the remaining cookies. You may have a little ice cream leftover depending on how thick you make your sandwiches. Store leftover ice cream separately in an airtight container in your freezer for up to three months.
- Roll the side of the ice cream sandwiches in a plate of mini vegan chocolate chips. You can enjoy immediately although it could be slightly messy. Alternatively, you can freeze for 1-2 hours once assembled to allow them to set.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
* Use mini vegan chocolate chips in the cookie recipe for best results. They are easier to bite into when frozen.
- Prep Time: 35
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer