This easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is creamy, frosty and full of pumpkin pie flavor. It is full of good-for-you ingredients: it is protein-rich, fiber-rich and full of healthy fats. Plus it contains two vegetables and is refined sugar-free.
For the smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or oat milk)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 6 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup raw slivered blanched almonds (not sliced almonds)*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups crushed ice cubes
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- 1–3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses (for added iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin B6, magnesium, copper and more)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree from low to high until silky smooth. Use your blenders tamper/plunger if needed.
- Set out four glasses and just before serving place 1/4 cup easy homemade granola at the bottom of each glass. Pour the smoothie overtop the granola. Garnish with 2-3 tablespoons of freshly made homemade coconut whipped cream, more granola and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon. Then, enjoy it with a spoon.
If your dates are not moist and have dried out too much you can soak them in boiling water for a couple minutes before pureeing. If you have a powerful blender though it shouldn’t matter too much.
For a nut-free version omit the almonds and use oats or coconut cream instead.
In this recipe you can really taste the pumpkin flavor so I highly recommend using homemade pumpkin puree instead of canned. The homemade pumpkin puree is so much creamier, thicker and sweeter than canned (which can be bitter).
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pie smoothie