This festive Garlic Pumpkin Hummus dip is always a crowd pleaser this time of year. Adding pumpkin to hummus boosts the overall nutrition, flavor and creaminess of this classic dip.
- In all ingredients to food processor and process until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute).
- If the hummus is too thick drizzle in more ice water (1 tablespoon at a time). Taste and adjust as needed adding more tahini for richness, garlic for flavor, maple syrup for sweetness, and salt for saltiness. You may need to scrape down the sides and process another couple seconds at the end to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer the pumpkin hummus to a large flat bowl or deep plate. Using the back of a spoon make a “well” in the center. Garnish with good quality extra virgin olive oil, Sweet & Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seed and flaky sea salt.
- Serve as a dip with crispy socca (no avocado mash), falafel, raw veggies, roasted veggies, chips, crackers or pita bread. Or, use as a spread on a sandwich. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- I do not recommend making this recipe with canned pumpkin. Canned pumpkin has a stronger and more bitter flavor than homemade pumpkin puree.
- Prep and cook time does not include the time it takes to make the homemade pumpkin puree. I always seem to have some on hand this time of year but if you do not please see that recipe and allow extra time for that.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: snack
- Method: Food Processor
Keywords: garlic pumpkin hummus, hummus