Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are roasted until golden and filled with protein: hummus, crispy chickpeas, tahini sauce, and sliced avocado.
- 4 sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed clean and dried well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 batch quick and easy creamy hummus
- 1 batch crispy chickpeas
- 1 batch easy creamy vegan tahini sauce
- 1 avocado, peel and pit removed, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- optional: sprinkle of hemp seeds for added protein
- microgreens or chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes using a fork. Coat the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil using a silicone brush. Make sure all sides of all four potatoes are generously covered in oil. Sprinkle each sweet potato generously with salt. Place the sweet potatoes directly on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes until a knife easily can pierce through the thickest part of the thickest sweet potato.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare your stuffing ingredients: hummus, crispy chickpeas and tahini sauce. Prep your avocado, red onion and green onions.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, halve each of them lengthwise. Use a fork to mash the inside of the sweet potato to create a well in the center. Place each sweet potato on a plate. Top each half of the sweet potatoes with 2 heaping spoonfuls of hummus and a handful or two of crispy chickpeas (in the center well). Garnish with a drizzle of tahini sauce and avocado, red onion, green onion, hemp seed (if using) and micrograms or parsley.
- Enjoy immediately while sweet potatoes are hot. The sweet potato skin should be nicely seasoned and crunchy (the skin is edible and packed with nutrients).
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes