- 1 homemade vegan, gluten-free pizza crust (this is also paleo)
- 1 batch homemade vegan mozarella
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 batch of caramelized onions (from one large onion)
- 1 head roasted garlic (How to Roast Garlic), cloves removed from head and roughly chopped and/or smashed
- Handful fresh basil for serving
- Optional garnishes: vegan parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the pizza crust according to the linked recipe above. Add homemade vegan mozzarella cheese overtop. Spread with a spoon or spatula leaving about a half inch of space around the edges of the crust. You may not need all of it depending upon how cheesy you want it. If there is leftover cheese, the cheese keeps well for up to five days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Drizzle with olive oil and brush the olive oil overtop the entire layer of cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. I like to broil the pizza at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for the last 2 minutes or so of baking to give it a nice golden brown char. If you do, just watch it closely to avoid burning the cheese.
- Top with caramelized onions and chopped/smashed garlic. Bake for another 5 minutes at 450 degrees to allow the flavors of the onions and garlic infuse into the cheese.
- Remove the cast iron skillet pizza from the oven, top with any additional desired garnishes such as fresh basil, vegan parmesan cheese and/or crushed red pepper flakes. Slice and enjoy while hot. This recipe is best enjoyed the day it is made.
- Store leftovers once fully cooled to room temperature in an airtight container for up to five days in the refrigerator. Reheat in oven for best results.
- Category: Entree/Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian