Hummus without chickpeas?! It’s true! This Easy Paleo Zucchini Hummus is made with a bit of tahini and a whole bunch of fresh veggies for the most delicious dip you’ll be eating all summer long!
- 1 large zucchini (not need to remove ends or skin), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup runny tahini (oils well incorporated)
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon filtered water to thin if needed
- Place chopped zucchini, tahini, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a high speed blender and blend on the highest speed until completely smooth and creamy. Do not over-blend if you plan to enjoy right away or it will get warm. Add 1 tablespoon of water if your blender is having trouble getting started (or try using your blender‘s plunger/tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while the blender motor is running).
- Taste and adjust seasonings/flavors if desired. Add more water to thin but not too much or it will get runny.
- Use a mini spatula to transfer to a bowl and enjoy immediately with raw veggies, pita bread, socca, crackers, chips or with falafel. I also love to spread it on wraps and sandwiches. It pairs well with my Lebanese Rice too!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
You can peel the zucchini if desired and the dip won’t be green.
For a kid-friendly version omit one garlic clove. Unless your kids absolutely love garlic and don’t mind the slightly “spicy” flavor it imparts on this dip.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: blender
Keywords: zucchini hummus