This Easy Cowboy Caviar is filled with summery Southwestern flavor.
For the cowboy caviar
- 3 bell peppers (one red, one yellow and one orange), stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 jalapeños, stems and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 yellow mango (atalufo mango variety ideally - or sub peach or pineapple)
- 1 cup frozen or roasted yellow corn*
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro, large stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced (add just before serving)
- 1 cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled (or vegan cojita cheese)
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- optional add-in: jarred sweet and spicy jalapeno slices, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large juicy limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- Add all cowboy caviar ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to combine. Pour over the cowboy caviar and mix well. Enjoy immediately with chips. You can also serve in tacos/wraps/burritos, on salads or on toast.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 4 days. Toss well before enjoying.
garlic press [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
nesting lidded glass mixing bowlsBuy Now →
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
lemon squeezer [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
*I'm allergic to corn so I leave this out but the classic dip calls for it.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Southwest
Keywords: tiktok cowboy caviar recipe