This Chermoula Sauce recipe is super easy to make and brings exotic, herbed flavor to your favorite savory meals.
- 1/2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large juicy lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- optional: 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in blender and pulse 10-15 times until combined and slightly chunky.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I love to use this sauce with green leafy salads, roasted or grilled veggies, pasta salad, quinoa salads, overtop hummus or paired with vegan sour cream. It is also a fun addition to wraps and soups. Warm toasty bread dipped it in is heavenly!
You can also add a pinch of red pepper flakes for some heat or a drop of maple syrup for a little sweetness.
Try adding in some fresh mint too!
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Sauce/Condiment
- Method: Blender
Keywords: chermoula sauce