Layer refried beans, vegan sour cream, cashew queso, guacamole, pico de gallo, sliced olives, and green onions to create Vegan 7-Layer Dip!
- 1/2 batch homemade refried beans (or substitute 1 heaping cup canned refried beans)
- 1 batch vegan sour cream (or substitute store-bought vegan sour cream)
- 1/2 batch vegan nacho cheese sauce (or queso)
- 1.5 batches homemade guacamole (use 4 large avocados)
- 1 batch homemade pico de gallo (salsa fresca)
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, diced
- cilantro and jalapeno slices for garnish
- optional: add a layer between the vegan sour cream and vegan nacho cheese sauce of my vegan walnut taco meat
- Add an even layer of refried beans to the bottom of a 7-cup serving bowl (or glass storage container). I like to make the refried beans in advance and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Add a layer of the vegan sour cream overtop the refried beans. Gently spread into one even layer using a spatula. I make this in advance so it has time to chill and thicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add the optional layer of vegan walnut taco meat if using. I like this layer to be at room temperature or slightly warm if possible.
- Add the vegan nacho cheese sauce in one even layer overtop the vegan sour cream. I like to make this in advance and refrigerate for a couple of hours before assembling if possible.
- Add the guacamole over the nacho cheese. I like to make this just before assembling to avoid browning. I use avocados that have been chilled in advance for best results.
- Add a layer of pico de gallo (salsa fresca) overtop the guacamole. I like to make this an hour or two before assembling to allow the flavors to meld and for the salsa to chill in the refrigerator. If you don't have time for this then store your tomatoes in the refrigerator before using. You can also use store bought salsa here if desired but I love the chunky fresh flavor of salsa fresca in this dip.
- Sprinkle sliced black olives and diced green onions overtop. Garnish with a little cilantro and jalapeno if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The guacamole will stay somewhat fresh since it is sandwiched between other layers and the air won't hit it as much. It won't look as pretty on day two and beyond but it will taste good. It is of course best when fresh.
- Prep Time: 15
Keywords: vegan 7 layer dip