This Vegan Split Pea Soup is filling, flavorful and full of fiber and antioxidants! Split peas are a legume and high in protein, iron, fiber as well as other vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. They're just one of the veggie all-stars I included in this nourishing soup!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup raw split peas
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 heaping cups fresh baby spinach
- Garnish: Drizzle each bowl with olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika and/or lemon zest
- In a 5.5-quart dutch oven, saute the diced onion in olive oil and a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, celery and split peas, broth, garlic, salt and pepper and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower and split peas are softened completely. In the last 5 minutes of cooking add the spinach.
- Puree the soup in three batches in a high powdered blender on highest speed for smooth, creamy soup.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, smoked paprika and/or lemon zest.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Soup
Keywords: vegan split pea soup