This easy and vibrant cole slaw is tossed with the most creamy vegan dressing. You won't believe how satisfying this healthy side dish is.
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely chopped*
- 1/2 purple cabbage, finely chopped*
- 4 scallions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 8 baby carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup tahini**
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave
- 1 clove garlic, pressed through a garlic press or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place cabbage, scallions, bell pepper, granny smith apple and carrots in a large mixing bowl and set aside while you prepare the dressing.
- To prepare the dressing, place tahini, oil, water, agave, garlic, salt and pepper in a small glass jar and whisk vigorously until well incorporated. Pour over the veggies and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve chilled.
* You can also shred the cabbage in a food processor if you prefer. I like it a bit chunkier so I tend to finely chop it by hand. Either works great.
** Make sure your tahini is creamy and runny as opposed to hard and dry.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish