This Vegan Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Smoothie is an absolutely delicious way to start your day with not one but two vegetables! This recipe sneaks in both raw cauliflower and zucchini which both add creaminess to the smoothie without any flavor. This thick and creamy sweet smoothie tastes like a smooth an indulgent strawberries and cream dessert but offers two veggies, plant-based protein, healthy fats and dietary fiber.
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed, peeled and chopped (1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup raw blanched slivered almonds (not sliced)*
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 4 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cup crushed ice
- Topping Ideas: my homemade raw creamy almond butter, raspberry chia jam and/or easy granola.
- Place chopped zucchini, cauliflower, strawberries, almonds, water, dates, vanilla and salt in a high speed blender. Start on low speed and slowly increase to the highest speed. Once on the highest speed let it blend for 30 seconds. Use your blender‘s tamper/plunger or stop and scrape down the sides of the blender with a mini spatula if your blender if having trouble getting started.
- Add one cup of crushed ice and blend for 15 seconds. Another the second cup of ice and blender until smooth and creamy (about 15 seconds). Do not over-blend or it will become warm and thin.
- Pour into two glasses or bowls and enjoy immediately. Top with the optional chia jam, almond butter and granola if desired.
*you can substitute raw cashews here
You may want to add smoothie boosters to this recipe such as 1 tablespoon of chia seeds or 1 tablespoon hemp seeds.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Vegan Strawberries and Cream Veggie-Filled Smoothie