This is the dessert you’ll be craving all holiday season! Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pudding has a short ingredient list and it’s quick to make, but it’s full of pumpkin flavor and warm spices!
- 1 cup raw soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: homemade coconut whipped cream, ground cinnamon and/or homemade maple candied pecans
- Add the soaked cashews, homemade pumpkin puree, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides if needed and blend again to ensure all ingredients are well incorporated. I typically start on the lowest speed and then gradually increase the speed of the blender to the highest speed to achieve perfectly creamy results.
- Taste and add more maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon if desired. It will be warm from blending at this point.
- Pour the mixture into four small bowls and cover and place in your refrigerator for a couple of hours (2-4 hours should be enough). This will allow the pudding to thicken and chill.
- Serve well chilled with homemade coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. This pumpkin pie pudding also pairs well with my homemade maple candied pecans. Enjoy within one week.
You can substitute the pumpkin puree with sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pudding