- 6 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 blanched slivered almonds (not sliced almonds)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut butter (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup unsweetened hazelnut milk
- 2–3 cups ice cubes
- Topping Ideas: hemp seeds, chocolate chips, homemade granola, cacao nibs, banana slices, berries, nut or seed butters, actual nutella
- In a high speed blender, blend dates, hazelnuts, slivered almonds, cacao powder, vanilla, hazelnut butter (if using), hemp seeds (if using), chia seeds (if using), pinch of salt, frozen riced cauliflower and hazelnut milk.
- Add 1 cup of ice and blend again. Add a second cup of ice and blend again. Taste and see if it is thick and frosty enough for your liking. If not, add more frozen cauliflower or 1 additional cup of ice. I usually do as I like a thick and frosty smoothie bowl.
- Pour into two bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy immediately with a spoon.
- Category: Breakfast