These Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls are loaded with flavor, texture and vibrant colors. They are one of my go-to quick and easy weeknight meals that everyone loves. My homemade vegan tzatziki sauce, hummus and tahini sauce all pair perfectly with this plant-based and gluten-free dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, ends removed, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seed removed, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2–3 cups cooked quinoa (Instant Pot Method or Stovetop Method)
- Vegan Tzatziki
- Homemade Hummus and/or Easy Creamy Vegan Tahini Sauce
- Garnishes: halved pitted kalamata olives, fresh lemon wedges, chopped fresh parsley and/or fresh dill, diced green onions, vegan feta crumbles (I like Violife brand from Whole Foods) and/or avocado
- Bring a large skillet to medium heat and add oil, zucchini, red bell pepper and onions. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and sauté until the bell peppers are tender (about 10 minutes). Add garlic during the last minute of cooking.
- Toss in the cooked quinoa and stir to combine while warming everything through.
- Divide into 4 plates and top with a couple dollops of tzatziki and hummus (or tahini sauce). Add your desired garnishes: olives, lemon, herbs, green onions and vegan feta. Enjoy immediately.
- Store fully cooled leftovers (separate from garnishes) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I make the quinoa, tzatziki and hummus and/or tahini sauce in advance so that this meal is quick and easy to pull together. I typically make large batches of these items during my Sunday meal prep. I use in many of my recipes throughout the week.
You may also want to season the bell pepper, red onion and zucchini with oregano. This is a typical Mediterranean seasoning that compliments this dish well.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Vegan Mediterranean Quinoa Salad