This Vegan Mediterranean Pasta Salad is loaded with flavorful veggies like red bell pepper, kalamata olives, green onions, grape tomatoes, red onions and cucumber. It is drenched in a quick and easy olive oil-based Mediterranean dressing that is made creamy with tahini. This easy side dish is loaded with incredible fresh and addictive flavors that get better overnight.
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta (I used Jovial brown rice rotini pasta found at Whole Foods)
- 1/2 red onion, diced or thinly sliced (about 1 cup of diced red onion)
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (skin removed if desired)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange or yellow), stem and seeds removed, diced (about 1 1/2 cups when diced)
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, diced (or pitted black olives)
- 4 scallions, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh dill, finely minced (or sub parsley)
- optional: 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled (I love VioLife brand)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent the pasta from sticking together. You could also toss with a little olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Add the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl with the red onion, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, scallions and fresh dill (or parsley). Add the crumbled feta cheese if using.
- In a small glass bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined and creamy.
- Pour about half the dressing mixture overtop the pasta and veggies. Stir well to combine. Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- Enjoy immediately or cover in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegan Mediterranean pasta salad