This Vegan Pumpkin Bread is an easy, refined sugar-free, nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free treat that can be made in your blender.
- gluten-free rolled old fashioned oats
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- fine salt
- plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
- maple syrup pure
- avocado oil
- homemade pumpkin puree*
- pure vanilla extract
- Optional: top with a few mini vegan chocolate chips and/or a sprinkle of hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 1 1/2 quart loaf pan with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- In a high speed blender, add the oats and grind into a fine flour. Add the rest of the dry ingredients (baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice) and blend again for a couple seconds until well combined.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the blender (milk, maple syrup, avocado oil, vanilla and pumpkin puree). Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter from the blender directly into the greased loaf pan. Top with mini vegan chocolate chips or hemp seeds if desired.
- Place the loaf pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove loaf pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring the loaf to a cooling rack. Allow to cool further on the cooling rack for a couple minutes then slice and enjoy warm. Store leftover pumpkin bread slices once they have cooled to room temperature in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to five days. Reheat to room temperature or warmer before enjoying again.
*Canned pumpkin also works fine but I find homemade pumpkin puree to have a more authentic pumpkin flavor. Homemade pumpkin puree is also thicker, creamier and sweeter than canned which can oftentimes taste a bit bitter. If you do not have a pressure cooker you can use . It is surprisingly easy!
- Category: Dessert or Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan pumpkin bread