- 1 1/4 cups super fine almond flour from blanched almonds*
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or sub melted vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 small lemons, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from one small lemon)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Serve with my Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting and lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir well until combined and no clumps remain. You can use a hand mixer if desired.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop and place the cookie dough on the parchment paper making 13 cookies. Cookies will expand slightly while they bake so be sure to space them out as much as possible.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to fully cool to room temperature before handling. I like to stick my entire baking sheet in the freezer to speed up this process.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled and have firmed up you can frost them. Top each cookie with my Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting. Use another lemon to add lemon zest overtop all the cookies.
- The frosting will start to soften at room temperature so store frosted cookies in your refrigerator until ready to serve.
Measuring Spoons [use code ELAINE-10 for 10% off]Buy Now →
13 x 9-inch rectangular baking dishBuy Now →
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan gluten-free lemon cookies