Vegan Fiesta Bowls with Creamy Cilantro Sauce are our favorite meal, and they're so easy to make that I'm tempted to have them every night!
For the bowls
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I usually use frozen to keep it easy)
- 1 large sweet potatoes (~ 13 ounces), peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (large stems removed)
- 1 yellow mango, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked*
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1-inch of jalapeno to make it spicy (optional)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (add at the end if desired for texture)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the brown rice and set aside covered to keep it warm. I usually use frozen brown rice and microwave it on busy weeknights.
- Add sweet potatoes, olive oil and taco seasoning to a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Toss well to combine and roast for 15 minutes, toss and roast another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. While the sweet potatoes cook prep your other ingredients.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender except for the cilantro and blend until perfectly smooth. Add water to thin if needed. If it is warm from blending add 1/4 cup crushed ice and blend briefly (instead of the added water) and it will help chill it just before serving. Add the cilantro and pulse a couple times to incorporate so no whole leaves remain. You can blend the cilantro fully in if desired.
- Assemble your bowls once the sweet potatoes are finished cooking. Divide cooked brown rice between two bowls and then top each bowl with the roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, green onion, avocado, cilantro, mango, black beans and a generous amount of the dressing. Enjoy immediately.
- Store leftovers separate from the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you have leftover dressing store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan fiesta bowls