Fluffy, decadent, and gluten-free Vegan Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a must-bake during the holidays!
- 1 cup super-fine blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vegan, soy-free butter, slightly softened (I love Miyoko vegan butter or you can sub coconut oil but I have better results with vegan butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (not mint extract or spearmint extract)
- 1/2 cup vegan and refined sugar free dark chocolate chips or chunks (plus more for topping)
- optional garnishes: vegan cashew vanilla icing or vegan vanilla frosting + finely crushed candy canes (I love Yum Earth brand)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl (almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt). Whisk to fully combine.
- Add the wet ingredients (softened butter or coconut oil), maple syrup, vanilla extract and peppermint extract) and combine using a hand mixer. Mix in the chunks of dark chocolate.
- Using a retractable cookie scoop, make 14 cookies (about 1.5 tablespoons in size each) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Add extra chocolate chips or chunks on top if desired. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool directly on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to fully cool. They will harden as they cool so be sure to wait to handle them until they have fully cooled.
- To decorate, drizzle my vegan blender cashew vanilla icing or smear my vegan vanilla frosting overtop the cooled cookies. Sprinkle finely crushed candy cane pieces overtop the cookies.
- Enjoy after they have fully cooled or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan gluten-free chocolate peppermint cookie