Autumn months call for pumpkin-flavored goodness! This Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal is deliciously spiced, cooked to fluffy perfection, and sure to satisfy all of your seasonal pumpkin cravings. This is a cozy, nutritious and filling breakfast that my family absolutely loves this time of year.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I like almond milk)
- 3/4 cup homemade pumpkin puree*
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Topping ideas: melted coconut butter, vegan chocolate chips, pecans, almond butter, vegan butter, almond milk
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and stir until most of the liquid has absorbed. It should look thick and creamy.
- Divide into four bowls and add your desired toppings.
*Canned pumpkin also works fine but I find homemade pumpkin puree to have a more authentic pumpkin flavor. Homemade pumpkin puree is also thicker, creamier and sweeter than canned which can oftentimes taste a bit bitter. If you do not have a pressure cooker you can use my oven method to make homemade pumpkin puree. It is surprisingly easy!
Tip: To easily melt the coconut butter, I simply leave the jar near the stovetop. The heat of the burner will naturally start to melt it. If you add a dollop of hardened coconut butter to steamy hot oatmeal it will also start to melt.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: healthy pumpkin oatmeal