Start your day with over 12 grams of protein in a frosty chocolate treat! This Vegan Chocolate Protein Smoothie is filled with fiber, healthy fats, and a decadent flavor that you'll wake up craving.
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 5-6 large, soft pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons raw creamy almond butter
- 2.5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 scoop plain, unsweetened protein powder (I love this one)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- optional veggie boost: handful fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients (except the ice) in a high speed blender. Blend on the highest speed for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ice one cup at a time blending between each cup. This ensures you will not overwhelm the blender. Do not overblend as you do want the smoothie to be cold, thick and frosty. But be sure to blend enough so that the ice is fully incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy immediately. Divide between 2-3 glasses. This recipes makes enough for me and my three young kids to eat for a filling breakfast together. I get a large portion (about half) and then divide the rest between the three of them. Alternatively, this makes two large adult sized portions for a filling breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
Keywords: vegan chocolate protein smoothie