Nut-free, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free, butter-free, refined sugar-free
- 1 cup carrots or sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh, room temperature tahini (runny is best)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 4 large clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons fine-grain sea salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Garnish: sprinkle of paprika, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil and add carrots or sweet potatoes
- While carrots/sweet potato cook, add all other ingredients to a high speed blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Once carrots/sweet potato are fork tender (about 12 minutes), drain completely and add to blender. Puree again until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Pour into a small serving bowl.
- Serve warm with chips and garnish with sliced green onions, paprika and fresh cilantro. You may want to microwave just before serving.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Game Day Food