These crunchy homemade crackers are easy to make and full of omega-3s, plant-based protein and fiber. You can flavor them however you want and top with your favorite spread.
For the crackers
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas seeds
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds (raw or toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chia seeds, hemp seeds, pepita seeds and sesame seeds to a 7-cup food processor and process for 30 seconds until fine. Alternatively, you can stir these ingredients together in a mixing bowl (the texture will be chunkier).
- In a large bowl, combine the seeds with the salt, maple syrup and water.. Add optional seasonings if desired. Stir until well combined. Let the mixture sit for 1 minute and then stir again.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Place another sheet of parchment paper overtop the seed mixture and use the bottom of a glass to flatten the mixture until it’s 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, score into crackers using a knife. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and break the crackers apart along the scored edges. Use a metal spatula to flip the crackers over and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Allow to cool completely on the pan. Sprinkle with more salt if desired. Serve with my Vegan Whipped Feta Dip or Hummus.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
knife set (code ELAINE for 10% off)Buy Now →
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven