- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice from one large juicy lemon (~ 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 5 ounces mixed spring greens, chilled
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds (hemp hearts)
- In a mason jar combine the oil, lemon, maple syrup, garlic, and salt. Shake vigorously for ten seconds. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl add mixed spring greens and hemp hearts. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing overtop the green and toss well. Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- Reserve any leftover dressing for your next salad. Store the dressing in the lidded mason jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Taste and feel free to add more hemp hearts for more texture and more nutrients. Feel free to add more dressing if desired. Portion out into 4 bowls and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: salad
Keywords: simple side salad recipe