Rainbow Veggie Kebabs with Chimichurri Sauce have the best vegetables in every color! They're bursting with flavor, nutrition, and vibrant hues, and when topped with chimichurri, they're unbeatable!
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 large bell peppers, stem and seeds removed (red, orange and yellow make a pretty combo), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, ends removed, chopped into 1-inch-thick half moons
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes or half moons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Serve with: Jalapeno Chimichurri Sauce or Vegan Tzatziki Sauce
- Serve overtop: quinoa (stovetop directions and pressure cooker directions)
- Preheat grill to roughly 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chopped veggies, oil, salt and pepper. Stir well until evenly coated.
- Place vegetable chunks on 12-inch long stainless steel metal skewers (wooden skewers might break when piercing the sweet potatoes and need to be pre-soaked in water for safety). Arrange in a rainbow pattern if desired. It should fill 7-8 skewers.
- Place the skewers directly on the preheated grill. Grill on low heat while covered for 10-15 minutes per side until the sweet potatoes are fork tender and the veggies are slightly charred on the outside. Check frequently throughout to ensure they do not burn.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately while hot alongside jalapeno chimichurri sauce or vegan tzatziki sauce. I also love to serve overtop quinoa for a more filling meal. I sometimes pair my crispy chickpeas with this dish as well for added plant-based protein.
If you are missing any of the vegetables listed, a good substitution is mushrooms. Any kind!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20-30
- Category: Side Dish or Entree
- Method: Grill