This Quick and Easy Creamy Hummus recipe can be made in just 5 minutes! It’s my go-to homemade hummus and it’s full of classic, zesty, and filling flavor. Make a batch (or two!) today!
- 1 (15 ounce can) garbanzo beans (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)*
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba (see notes)
- 1/4 cup runny raw tahini (oils well incorporated throughout)
- 1 lemon, juiced (~2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons filtered ice water (or more for a thinner consistency)
- 1 tablespoon extra.virgin olive oil (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoons fine salt
- Optional garnishes: paprika, Italian flat leaf parsley (large stems removed and leaves finely chopped), and/or additional extra virgin olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a 7-cup food processor. Process for one minute. Scrape down the sides with a mini spatula and process again until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed (you may want to add more lemon, olive oil, salt, tahini or garlic).
- Transfer the hummus using the spatula to a serving dish and garnish with a dusting of chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week.
*Reserve 1/4 cup of the aquafaba (liquid from the can of chickpeas). No need to rinse the chickpeas. If you cook your own chickpeas then reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Category: Appetizer or Side Dish
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: easy creamy hummus