This little slice of avocado-toast heaven is perfect for a mid-day snack or easy lunch. It is full of plant-based protein, fiber and healthy fats. I love the different textures and fresh flavors. Together, this is one amazing piece of toast!
- 1 slice gluten-free toast, toasted
- 1–2 tablespoons Creamy Lemon-Parsley Hummus or Homemade Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 4 thin slices of avocado
- 3–6 slices of radish (thin)
- fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Toasted Hemp Seeds (or substitute regular Hemp Hearts)*
- salt and pepper to taste
- After your bread is toasted allow to cool slightly then smear with hummus.
- Top with avocado, radishes and fresh herbs such as cilantro or parsley (or both!).
- Sprinkle toasted hemp hearts throughout allowing them to stick to the avocado and the hummus mostly. You may want to top with salt and pepper. Sometimes I squeeze a tiny bit of lemon or lime on top of the toast to bring out all the flavors. You could even drizzle with a very small amount of olive oil or agave for added flavor. Enjoy immediately.
* Toasted Hemp Seed Discount: follow the link I provided here and use promo code “ToastedOnToast” for 15% off their entire website until July 31, 2017
- Category: Snack or Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Avocado Toast, Avocado, toast