This is my secret to Perfectly Steamed Broccoli every single time! It’s made in the Instant Pot, so it’s quick and easy and totally hands-off. We love it as a weeknight side and even my kids agree it’s delicious!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 head broccoli, ends trimmed if needed
- Place a steamer basket in your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Add your broccoli (trim the ends to help it fit if needed). You can layer them in a criss-cross pattern. I usually do one large head of broccoli at a time.
- Place the lid on and move the valve to “Sealed.” Press ‘Manual’ on “Low Pressure” for ZERO minutes.
- Once it comes to pressure it will stop the cooking process and beep. Once this happens, immediately press off and remove the lid
- As soon as all the pressure is released, open the lid and carefully remove the broccoli with tongs. Place on a serving platter and enjoy with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
This method is adapted from my friend, Laney Schwartz from Life is but a Dish.
- Category: Side
- Method: Pressure Cooker
Keywords: perfectly steamed broccoli