This is my go-to energy ball recipe that is quick and easy to make. They are full of good-for-you nutrients to power you through any snack attack. I love to grab them for days when I'm on-the-go.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted, unsweetened sunflower seed butter*
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a food processor process the oats until a fine flour forms. Next, add the sunflower seeds and salt and process until well combined.
- Add sunflower seed butter, maple syrup and vanilla and process until a dough forms and sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Form 1.5" balls with a cookie dough scoop and roll them between your hands.
- Place in a covered storage container (you can also enjoy some immediately!). For freezer storage, place on a parchment lined plate.
*New jars of sunflower seed butter work best. Just be sure to stir well so the oil is evenly incorporated. Do not use sunflower seed butter that has hardened.
If your sunflower seed butter contains sugar or salt, reduce the amount of salt and maple syrup in the recipe.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Category: Snack