If you're hoping to up your healthy snack game this is the recipe for you! These fudgy bites are perfect for your sweet tooth cravings and they're filled with plant-based protein and satisfying flavor. Make a batch (or two!) and keep them in your freezer for an easy-to-grab bite whenever you're feeling snacky.
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats, gluten-free if desired (not old fashioned oats)
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy raw (not roasted) unsalted almond butter - new jars work best - stir well
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain salt
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon retractable cookie scoop to form the bites. Place the bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to set. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
* Use a good quality cocoa powder here. It should be a vibrant dark brown in color.
In this recipe quick cooking oats provide the best texture. If you have old fashioned oats and want to use them you can pulse them a couple times in a food processor or dry blender to help break them down a bit.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Snack