Just when you think you've tried every kind of hummus out there! This Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus is filled with buttery, savory and sweet flavor and has a beautifully vibrant orange color that looks right at home on a holiday appetizer table.
- 1 batch Maple Roasted Butternut Squash, cooled to room temperature
- 1, 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (1.5 cups), drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup runny tahini
- 3/4 cup ice cold filtered water
- 3 cloves roasted garlic* (see notes)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup microgreens
- sprinkle of freshly diced chives
- sprinkle of crumbled vegan feta cheese (such as VioLife brand)
- Add all ingredients to a 7-cup food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Scrap down the sides with a mini spatula and process again briefly to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed adding more tahini, salt or roasted garlic if desired.
- If you want a thinner dip add more ice water (if you add a significant amount of water you might want to add a bit more salt as well).
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Add garnishes just before serving and serve alongside pita chips, crispy socca, almond flour crackers, warm pita bread slices, superseed crackers, naan and/or raw veggies.
*To roast garlic: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the top off an entire head of garlic (about 1/4-inch so the garlic cloves are exposed). Wrap the garlic bulb in foil (cut side up) and place in a small ramekin that is oven safe. Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil (about 1/2 tablespoon). Sprinkle generously with fine salt. Cover in foil tightly so the garlic is not exposed. Place the ramekin in the oven for one hour. Remove and carefully unwrap the foil to allow the roasted garlic to cool to room temperature. Squeeze the garlic head to release the roasted garlic cloves. Discard the garlic skin.
Reserve the roasted garlic cloves for this hummus and other dishes. I usually roast a couple garlic bulbs at once and use in soups, dressings, pasta, sauces and . You can see a .
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: appetizer
- Method: food processor
Keywords: butternut squash hummus