This quick and simple Homemade Mango Sorbet recipe is perfect for a healthy dairy-free treat for kids or adults! It is ready instantly with no freezing or ice cream machine required.
The tropical, sweet mango becomes silky and creamy when blended. A touch of maple syrup helps bring out the mango's natural sweetness but you could skip it if desired. A splash or two of non-dairy milk helps with blending if needed but isn't required either.
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened mango chunks
- Optional: 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Optional Garnish: fresh mint
- Add frozen mango to a high-speed blender and blend on low speed. Use the blender's tamper (also known as a plunger) with the blender lid on to push the ingredients into the blades as they move slowly on low speed. Continue to push the frozen mango into the blades until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- If your blender is having trouble wait a couple minutes for your frozen mango to thaw a bit more.
- Once the sorbet is smooth and creamy and no chunks remain, scoop it out of the blender using a spoon or an ice cream scooper. Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh mint if you are feeling fancy. Serve and enjoy immediately.
- You can store leftovers covered in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Any longer and it will start to freeze solid and be difficult to scoop. If stored for longer than 2 hours you will want to let the mango sorbet sit at room temperature until soft again. I find the texture is best when fresh.
This recipe makes four small (but satisfying!) portions. Double the recipe if you desire larger portions.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
Keywords: mango sorbet