This easy Sheet Pan Vegan Nachos recipe is loaded with colorful and nutritious fixings. Hot creamy mashed black beans, vegan taco meat and vegan nacho cheese are smothered overtop crispy salty chips. Everything is topped off with your favorite crisp and cold toppings: red onions, jalapeno, radishes, green onion, tomato, cilantro and lime. Altogether this sheet pan dish is loaded with so much flavor and texture. It really couldn’t be easier to make! Serve it as a hearty appetizer to a large crowd or enjoy as an entree for a smaller gathering.
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans (do not drain)
- 1 (5 ounce) bag salted chips (~45 chips) – I love Siete Sea Salt Chips
- 1 batch of vegan walnut taco meat
- 1/2 batch vegan nacho cheese/vegan queso sauce
- 1/4 cup homemade vegan sour cream
- Cold Toppings: diced avocado, homemade salsa fresca (pico de gallo), sliced grape tomatoes, thinly sliced radishes, diced green onion, thinly sliced jalapeno, diced red onion, fresh chopped cilantro (large stems removed), squeeze of fresh lime juice/lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a half sheet rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place canned beans (with the water in the can) in a saucepan over medium heat. Add a couple pinches of salt and mash the beans using a potato masher until mostly creamy. Cook the black beans down until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Set aside.
- Place chips on the lined baking sheet in one single layer. It is okay if some chips overlap.
- Over the chips place spoonfuls of the creamy black bean mixture. Next, spoon the vegan taco meat all over the chips. Drizzle the nacho cheese overtop everything. Place the sheet pan in oven for five minutes until everything is hot.
- Remove from oven and immediately add chilled sour cream and all your cold toppings. Enjoy immediately. Best served while chips, taco meat, black beans and nacho cheese are piping hot (and the cold toppings are cold). The contrast of the hot and cold is what makes nachos so good! Chips will get soggy when stored and reheated.
I like to make the vegan taco meat, vegan sour cream, vegan nacho cheese and creamy black beans in advance when possible. That makes it easy to dump the bag of chips on your baking sheet, add the toppings and simply reheat. While everything reheats I slice and dice my favorite cold toppings so that when the sheet pan nachos come out of the oven I can immediately top it off with my fixings.
- Category: Appetizer or Entree
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Loaded Vegan Nachos