This spicy Jalapeno Chimichurri Sauce is a fresh take on a more traditional chimichurri. It’s unexpectedly slightly sweet with a tangy brightness that pairs well with so many dishes. Use it to top your favorite veggies, as a dip, or even as a salad dressing!
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup packed fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
- 6 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 2 limes (1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- water to thin if desired
- Place cilantro, parsley, oil, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, maple syrup and salt in a high speed blender and blend until mostly smooth (about 10 seconds). Do not over process. I like to leave some bits of the herbs showing.
- Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Thin with water if desired. I usually do not add water. If you do, add one tablespoon of water at a time and blend briefly to incorporate.
- Taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Blender
Keywords: Chimichurri Sauce