These Grilled Sweet Potato Fries are mega crispy and incredibly flavorful on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. Grilling sweet potato fries is my favorite method with truly the best results. This simple side dish pairs well with just about anything and is incredibly addictive and satisfying.
- 2 sweet potatoes (14 ounces total), peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine salt (after grilling)
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off either end of the sweet potato and cut the sweet potato into long 1/2-inch thick spears. Ideally you want them evenly sized. I also recommend squaring off the pointy tips so they don't burn.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potato spears, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper until all spears are evenly and well coated.
- Once the grill is preheated, place the sweet potato spears either directly on the grill or on a veggie grill basket or tray.
- Grill for about two minutes per side (on all four sides) over medium heat with an open grill. Cooking time varies slightly based on the thickness of your spears so watch carefully at the end to avoid burning. Each fry is done when all sides are golden brown with grill marks. They might not all finish cooking at the same time and that is okay. You can simply remove them from the grill as they are ready.
- When the fries are done cooking, remove them from the grill and wait five minutes. Season with salt and wait another 5 minutes. Waiting the full ten minutes allows them to crisp up even more so try and resist eating right away. Enjoy immediately as they are best when fresh.
- Serve with ketchup or my Homemade 3-Ingredient Vegan Honey Mustard Sauce
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
Keywords: grilled sweet potato fries