These Easy Grillable Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burgers contain simple, nutritious plant-based ingredients and are perfectly spiced for ideal flavor. Simply mash and stir everything together without ever getting out your food processor. The patties are sturdy and get super crispy on the outside when grilled. You can also cook them on the stovetop. Either way, they are ready in a flash and mega delicious.
Note: Since these are veggie burgers, you are cooking them to both warm them through but also introduce flavor. Either method (stovetop or grill) works, but they produce a different texture and flavor.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 cup packed cooked Ancient Harvest quinoa (cook the quinoa via this stovetop method or this Instant Pot method)
- 1/3 cup certified gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats, blended into a fine oat flour in your blender*
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for grilling
- Add black beans to a medium-sized mixing bowl and mash well using a potato masher or fork. Mash until no whole beans remain.
- Add quinoa, oats, maple syrup and spices to the bowl. Stir well with a spoon to combine. The mixture will appear dry at first, but if you use the back of your spoon to mash the black beans into the drier ingredients, it will start to come together. Mix until no dry ingredient remain visible/separate.
- Divide the mixture into four even portions. Form each portion into burger patties (about 3 inch diameter with 1 inch thickness).
- If cooking on the stovetop, heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the patties and cook on each side for 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from skillet and enjoy immediately or allow to fully cool before storing in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- If cooking on the grill, preheat the grill to 375 degrees (medium heat). Lightly brush both side of all four patties with extra virgin olive oil. Once the grill reaches medium heat, add burgers directly to the griddle. Close the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side until grill marks can be seen and the outside is slightly charred. Remove from grill and enjoy immediately or allow to fully cool before storing in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
*measure out 1/3 cup of the old fashioned oats and blend on high speed for 30-60 seconds in a dry blender until a fine oat flour forms. The final oat flour will measure smaller than the original 1/3 cup of oats.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop or Grill
Keywords: Easy Grillable Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burger