- 1 ripe large watermelon, rind removed, cubed (~ 6 cups of cubed watermelon)*
- Place watermelon in a high speed blender and blend from low to highest speed until perfectly smooth (about 20-30 seconds).
- Pour the watermelon juice from the blender into popsicle molds. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight until solid.
- To release the popsicles from their mold, run the popsicle under hot water for 10 seconds. Enjoy!
* You can use a seedless or regular watermelon with black seeds. We usually buy regular watermelon with seeds and blend the seeds right up for added nutrients. It doesn't impact the flavor or texture at all!
If your watermelon is sweet you don't need to add any sweetener to it. If it is not you could add 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup to bring out the natural sweet flavor of the watermelon.
For a fun twist, add the zest and juice of 1 lime, 2 teaspoons maple syrup and a handful of fresh mint leaves.
If you have extra strawberries on hand you can add a handful or two of hulled strawberries. Their pair great with watermelon and the color works well here. Pitted cherries also pair nicely with watermelon.
Add coconut cream (from 1 chilled 13.5 ounce can of full fat coconut milk) for a creamy tropical watermelon popsicle.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender + Freezer
Keywords: watermelon popsicles