This simple and healthy granola recipe makes the perfect addition to smoothie bowls, oatmeal, yogurt or chia seed pudding. It is also great on its own or with your favorite plant milk. The recipe is gluten-free, vegan, refined sugar-free and offers plant based protein and whole grains. Make the recipe your own and add dried fruit or other nuts or seeds if you wish. You can also play around with the seasonings and use pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice to give it a seasonal flare.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (gluten-free if desired)*
- 1 cup raw pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients well. Transfer the mixture to the lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer using a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes tossing halfway. Watch closely at the end to ensure the granola does not burn. You are looking for a golden brown color.
- Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet before enjoying. Granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
For the oats I recommend quick cooking oats (not pictured). Old fashioned rolled oats will work just fine in this recipe (pictured) but I now prefer the texture with quick cooking oats.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade pecan granola