This Easy One-Pot Vegan Pumpkin Curry is filled with cauliflower, chickpeas, and the most incredible blend of spices.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 inch grated fresh peeled ginger root
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste*
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1, 15.5 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 cups homemade pumpkin puree**
- 1, 13.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional for added sweetness)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Add oil and onions to a preheated dutch oven. Add salt and pepper and over medium heat sauté until onions are translucent and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, ginger and red curry paste and saute another minute.
- Add cauliflower and chickpeas and stir. Add pumpkin, coconut milk and maple syrup if using. Stir well to evenly distribute the ingredients. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Serve in bowls alone or with rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves if desired.
- Store leftovers once fully cooled to room temperature. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to two months leaving 1 inch of space at the top of the container to allow for expansion.
*I like a mild version of this curry and typically use 1 tablespoon of red curry paste but for a spicier version you can use 2 tablespoons of red curry paste. If you really love curry flavor and enjoy spicy food you can go up to 3 tablespoons if you like.
**You can substitute a 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree but I highly recommend using homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe. It makes a huge different in this dish. It will be sweeter, creamier and thicker with homemade pumpkin puree. You can make it in your Instant Pot or in your oven.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: vegan pumpkin curry