A blend of cinnamon, vanilla, and maple perfectly accents the natural flavors of oven-baked pears in this warm and comforting recipe! Easy Maple Cinnamon Vanilla Baked Pears are vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and naturally sweetened for a dish that everyone at the table can enjoy this holiday season.
- coconut oil or avocado oil for greasing the pan
- 2 ripe pears*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a cast iron skillet with coconut oil or avocado oil.
- If desired you can peel your pears. Slice each pear in half vertically through the stem. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. You can leave the stem on for presentation if desired. Set aside.
- In a small glass whisk together the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract (if using). Lightly brush all parts of each pear half with this mixture.
- Place the pears cut side down in the greased skillet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the pears so the cut side is facing up. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle any leftover maple glaze overtop the pears. Serve hot or warm overtop vegan vanilla yogurt (I love Culina brand) or alongside vegan vanilla ice cream. Top with chopped homemade candied pecans or homemade cinnamon-vanilla granola. Serve with coconut whipped cream if desired.
- Store leftover baked pear separate from the garnishes. Place the pears in an airtight container once they have fully cooled to room temperature. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.
* You want the pears to be JUST ripe but not overripe or they will get a bit mushy when cooked. You can test for ripeness by applying a bit of pressure near the stem and seeing if it gives a little. If it does then it is perfect for this recipe!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Breakfast or Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: baked pears