A quick and easy creamy vegan pumpkin soup made in your blender! I recommend making the homemade pumpkin puree in advance and keep the actual soup recipe quick and easy. I know you all will absolutely love this recipe both for its ease as well as its overall deliciousness. I cannot wait for you to cook up this goodness in your kitchen.
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3.5 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 3.5 cups low sodium, vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup raw cashews or raw blanched and slivered almonds (to make it extra creamy)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Garnish: coconut cream and/or roasted, salted pepitas
- In a small saucepan, saute the shallots with oil and salt over medium to low heat, stirring occasionally until fragrant and slightly translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the garlic and pepper if using and cook another minute or two until the garlic is fragrant. Once done add to your high speed blender along with the homemade pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, cashews (or slivered almonds) and maple syrup. This fills my blender to just under the max fill line (just slightly over 7 cups).
- Turn your blender to the soup setting and allow the program to run until the soup is creamy and piping hot. Carefully remove the blender lid, taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve immediately and garnish with coconut cream and roasted, salted pepita seeds if desired. When I'm in a rush I use the roasted, salted pepitas from the bulk section of my local supermarket.
- Store leftovers once they have fully cooled to room temperature in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to one week. If freezing be sure to leave at least an inch of space at the top of the container for the soup to expand. Freeze for up to two months.
Prep time does not include time for making the homemade pumpkin puree. I recommend making this in advance for an easy weeknight soup.
You can substitute a 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree but I highly recommend using homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe. It makes a huge different in this recipe. It will be sweeter, creamier and thicker with homemade pumpkin puree. You can or .
For plant-based protein, you could add 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds for the soup before blending.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
Keywords: creamy vegan pumpkin soup