This Curried Chickpea Salad is positively exploding with flavor thanks to fresh veggies, curry and turmeric, and a creamy vegan base!
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (no salt added), drained, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced red bell pepper (or sub celery)
- optional: 1 small green apple, cored and finely diced or 2 pitted finely diced Medjool dates (or sub 1/4 cup raisins)
- 1 green onion (scallion), diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (large stems removed), diced
- 3 tablespoons vegan sour cream (or vegan mayo)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Add chickpeas to a medium mixing bowl. Use a potato masher (or fork) to mash the chickpeas well until most of them are smashed.
- Add the red onion, bell pepper, apple if using, green onion and cilantro.
- Stir in the vegan sour cream (or vegan mayo), maple syrup, salt, turmeric, garlic and curry powder and mix until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Enjoy immediately overtop salad greens, with crackers or in a sandwich or wrap. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Lunch
Keywords: curried chickpea salad sandwich