Are your soups and salads missing a satisfying crunch? These Crispy Chickpea "Croutons" are made to add the perfect finishing touch!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place drained and rinsed garbanzo beans on a kitchen towel and cover with another kitchen towel. Gently rub to dry the chickpeas well. Removing the moisture helps them to get extra crispy in the oven. If you have time, remove the skins. If you don't have time just dry them really well.
- Place the chickpeas in a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Add avocado oil and toss well to evenly coat the chickpeas with the oil. Do not add your seasonings at this point.
- Add the skillet to the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add all the seasonings immediately. Toss well to coat. Allow them to rest for about 5 minutes - during this time they will continue to crisp up and cool off slightly. Transfer to a serving bowl and use on top of soups or salads. Or enjoy them plain by the handful. They are delicious on their own too.
- Store leftovers in an uncovered container at room temperature (do not refrigerate or they will get mushy). They are best when fresh but should last for a day or two stored at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Method: Oven
Keywords: crispy chickpea croutons