This refreshing and vibrant smoothie packs in a fruit, vegetable, plant-based protein and healthy fats. It is easy to make using frozen ingredients. The slivered almonds make it extra creamy and more filling without adding any flavor or grittiness. It is naturally sweetened with dates which keep it refined sugar free. The hemp seeds and chia seeds are really optional but I like to add them for extra nutrients. I prefer a frostier, thicker smoothie so I like to add 2 cups of ice. You may use less if desired.
- 1 cup unsweetened, plain almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 1 cup frozen beets (I use Earthbound Farms - small chunks)
- 1 frozen pitaya packet, unsweetened (100 gram packet)
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted slivered almonds
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups ice
- Place almond milk, frozen beets, frozen pitaya, slivered almonds, dates, hemp seeds and chia seeds in a high speed blender and blend for 30-45 seconds until smooth and no chunks remain. Add 1 cup of ice and blend. Add another cup of ice and blend again until smooth and creamy. If you have difficulty blending use less ice or add 1/2 cup almond milk. You can also use the blender's tamper (if you have one) to help the ingredients blend together.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Smoothie