This vegan smoothie bowl is sweet, tart and super thick. It has fun toppings that compliment the flavors of the nutritious smoothie base. The base is mainly raspberries and bananas. The raspberries offer dietary fiber and vitamin C. And the bananas are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6 and fiber. They are also high in potassium.
This smoothie bowl is quick and easy to make and makes for a playful presentation for adults or kids!
- 4 large pitted Medjool dates (or substitute 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blanched and slivered almonds or raw cashews
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (I recommend almond milk)*
- Boost It: 1 tablespoon chia seeds, hemp seeds and/or ground flaxseed
- raspberry chia jam
- raw chunky almond butter (I love Trader Joe's brand)
- dragonfruit (pitaya), thinly sliced and cut into stars with vegetable cutters
- frozen berries
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients except the frozen raspberries. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the frozen raspberries and blend again until no chunks remain.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and flavors as desired. Pour into 1-2 shallow bowls and garnish as shown in the picture. Or, be creative and do your own thing.
*If you need to use more milk to get the blender going try adding only a little bit at a time. If you use too much the smoothie bowl will lose its creaminess and thickness.
- Prep Time: 7
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pink smoothie bowl