This healthy, vegan smoothie is the perfect way to sneak in lots of veggies and nutrients into one tasty treat! It offers four different vegetables, healthy fats, fiber and plant-based protein. It is extremely filling and an excellent way to jump start a nutritious day.
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter (or any nut or seed butter, I find raw almond butter provides the best flavor)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen (optional for added protein, strict vegans may want to skip this)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower (uncooked frozen riced cauliflower provides the best flavor)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (provides protein)
- 1/4 cup frozen zucchini (raw for best flavor)
- 1/4 avocado (optional for added creaminess and added nutrients)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- Place all ingredients in the order listed above in a high speed blender and puree until smoothie and creamy.
- You may need to add more liquid if your blender is not powerful enough to handle all these frozen ingredients. If possible, try to keep it to 1 1/4 cup of liquid for a thicker and creamier smoothie. You may want to add a handful of ice to make it frostier or additional frozen blueberries to make the color extra purple.
- In the photos I garnished with blueberries and hemp seeds.
- Category: Smoothie