This homemade, no-churn Blender Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream is ultra-smooth and creamy and couldn’t be easier to make. It is loaded with sweet vanilla flavor in every bite. Best of all, this quick and easy frozen dessert recipe is naturally sweetened, contains nutritious ingredients (including a vegetable!) and is completely dairy-free.
For the ice cream
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk – white solid coconut cream portion only*
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in advance, drained and rinsed**
- 1 large zucchini, ends removed, peeled and chopped (2 cups when chopped)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Add all ingredient to a high-speed blender. Be sure to only use the solid white coconut cream from the canned coconut milk. See notes below.
- Blend starting on the lowest speed and slowly increase to the highest speed. Stay on the highest speed for 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. If your blender is having trouble blending use the tamper/plunger to safely push the contents into the blades while it is blending. If you do not have a tamper or plunger then you will have to stop and scrape down the sides throughout the blending process to ensure all ingredients get incorporated properly.
- Pour the ice cream into an 8 x 4 loaf pan or freezer-friendly container. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Before enjoying, remove the loaf pan from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before scooping. You can also place the bottom of the loaf pan in warm water to speed up the process. Scoop and serve like you would regular ice cream. Top with sprinkles, mini chocolate chips or fresh mint if desired. I love to add my homemade vegan caramel sauce overtop!
*For this recipe, we are only using the solid white coconut cream from the can of full-fat coconut milk. In order to easily separate the coconut cream from the coconut water, place the can in your refrigerator the day before you plan to make this recipe. The solid white coconut cream will naturally float to the top of the can. When you open the can you can easily use a spoon to scoop out just the coconut cream leaving the coconut water behind. You can save the coconut water for smoothies or popsicles. I usually get about 1 cup of coconut cream out of one can of coconut milk.
**Soaking your cashews in advance will make them extra creamy, less gritty and more easily digestible. Soaking cashews also helps to make the nutrients more available. You can soak in water overnight or do a quick soak using boiling water for an hour or two. Drain and rinse before using in this recipe. Measure out the cashews before soaking since they will swell and measure differently post-soak.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender + Freezer
Keywords: No-Churn Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream